At Mizzie, we know that Easter is a special time for your little ones! Between holidays, a visit from the Easter Bunny and those Easter Eggs, your little ones have a lot to be excited by, and it can be a very big weekend!
To ensure that your little one has the energy to get through the weekend, and maybe give them a break from all that sugar, the Mizzie team have handpicked some healthy Easter-themed recipes that you can make together and keep them fuelled for their fun-filled Easter!
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Easter Eggs by Savy Naturalista
- 2 ½ cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 5 tbsps. almond milk
- 5 tbsp. peanut butter
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Sprinkles for decoration
- Plastic eggs
Steps To Make It:
1. In a medium bowl mix dry ingredients and set aside.
2. In a large bowl add maple syrup, vanilla, milk and peanut butter.
3. Stir until the mixture has combined, add the dry ingredient to the large bowl and mix with hands. Once combined add chocolate chips and sprinkles.
4. Place in plastic eggs and let set in the fridge for 1 hour.
5. Gently open them from the plastic eggs and decorate with sprinkles.
*Note: If you don't have plastic Eggs to form oatmeal/peanut butter bars, you can gently shape them with hands and place on a lined baking tray.
Easter Nest Bagel Bites by Eats Amazing
- 2 bagels
- 4 Tbs cream cheese or hummus
- 1 large carrot
- 1/4 cucumber
Steps To Make It:
1. Split each of the bagels in half. Pop the bagel halves into the toaster and toast until golden brown.
2. Spread your choice of hummus or cream cheese over the cut side of each bagel half.
3. Using a julienne peeler, slice your large carrot into straw-like strips.
4. Arrange carrot strips over bagel to form nest shapes.
5. Cut the cucumber into slices and use a small knife to cut small egg shapes from the middle of cucumber slices.
6. Place 3 cucumber eggs in the middle of the nest and serve.
Check out the original recipes:
Eats Amazing - Bagel Nests
Savy Natualista - Oatmeal/ Peanut Butter Eggs
Check Out Mizzie's Other Easter Blogs!
Thank you for reading our Mizzie World Blog, make sure to comment below on what else you want to see!
Happy Easter and much love,
The Mizzie Team xx